1.6TD turbo in a 1.9TD

Has anyone ever tried this? I have a 1.9TD with a fried turbo and a turbo off a 1.6TD. It seems to me there sould be no reason it wouldn't work. Just curious if someone has done this and had reasonable results.

Thanks Peter

Reply to
Peter Kovago

Anything will work with enough time and money, but will you like the results? Why not just spend the money and fix the vehicle correctly?

Reply to
Woodchuck

Actually this is a very good setup according to folks on the Audi-VW-Diesels group on Yahoo. The 1.6 turbo is a better unit than the 1.9, so works very well.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Roger Brown