Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

trailer wiring - miswire?
Hello, I have a 2005 Jetta Wagon to which I've just installed a trailer hitch. I am trying to install the electrical wiring for the trailer but I am running into a problem. - Nothing happens! I'll let...
5
5

Replacing main fuel pump. Question re: pinching fuel line from transfer pump.
Hi, It's the '85 Golf (gas, auto) again. Seems every fix solves the stalling problem for a few weeks, then the stalling re-appears. Last fix was replacing the 21 year old ignition switch 2 weeks ago...
2
2

My Rabbit, Caliber, Versa review
I had some free time away from the wife and kids yesterday, and I decided to take the time to drive 5 cars. Unfortunately, my local dealers didn't have a Fit or a Mazda3 on the lot, so I ended up just...
2
2

'82 Rabbit blower switch problem
Second time this (up-down) off-1-2-3 blower switch has failed. The replacement for this switch has now been "discontinued." What to Fix It With(?) Original switch has 5-tabs on the rear, and was made...
5
5

P0134 Bank 1 Sensor 1--No Activity
Bank 1 Sensor 1 has been replaced twice in the last year....Both times the check engine light has come back on after the error code was errased. The VW dealer has now indicated that the problem is in...
1
1

Door mis-alignment B5 Passat - Window by B-Pillar
My car is a 2001 Passat Sedan B5 I have recently noticed a slight misalignment ( mis-alignment) of the door. The spot is at the top of the window at the rear of the driver's door right adjacent to the...
5
5

Replacing 1998 Jetta K2 Electrical Radiator Fan 2.0 auto with a/c
Are there any tricks in doing this, or follow the Bentley and basically take off the front bumper? Oh how I relish doing this job on one of these! lol TIA
4
4

how to remove diff bearing race?
clutch mystery aside, and soon to be replaced, I have turned my attention to the tranny on the bench. I have significant play in the output shafts (radial) and will replace the diff bearings (only 70k...
3
3

'83 Rabbit GTI 1.8 8v idle screw size?
The idle screw on my '83 Rabbit GTI 1.8 8v has fallen out. Does anyone know the size of the idle screw so I can pick up a replacement one.
1
1

any tricks to take pulley off alternator?
Hello, All! Hi, they sent me an alternator with the wrong pulley, so I have to swap the old one. I started to take the pulley off the new one, but it seems difficult, using a screwdriver to hold it...
4
4

engine check light vacumm leak?
I believe about 10 ignition key turns if the condition goes away. Did the same once myself.
2
2

fixed: '81 Scirocco craps < 2800 rpm
The problem was old and brittle wires. All 3 wires that connect to the plug that plugs into the distributor had cracked insulation where the wires entered the rubber boot. The middle wire had corroded...

Usefull life of a 1.8T
I'm selling a '99 Passat wagon with a 1.8T and 5 speed. It's got 211K miles on it and I'm just wondering what the useful life of the 1.8T engine is provided the oil and timing belt are appropriately...

85 VW manual idles too LOW
Hey, I just got a VW jetta and am learning manual driving. I need to go on a road trip pretty quick, but the beasty doesn't like to start. It idles way below the first mark and if when warming it up...
5
5

98 golf transmission problems
Hey folks, I have a 98 Golf, automatic transmission, 80 000km. At first, while accelerating from a stop, the car would go into neutral after 1st gear, needing to pull over until going back into gear....
1
1