Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Heater core bypass
My 88 Fox seems to always provide heat inside the car from the heater core. Some days worse that others. Yes, the user temp selector is in the middle field between blue and red. Yes, I tried it all...
7
7

fickle rear wiper
'87 Golf my rear wiper works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt? Cant be a fuse, but how do you check if its dodgy when its working and conversely how do you check it out if its not? I would appreciate...
2
2

1993 vw golf engine code
have just got a 93 golf, have manual but can't find the engine code o the model i have!! 1.4 cl Any help please peopl -- robma -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Starting issue and jumping tach needle on 89 GLi 16V
Hello all, Every few years I throw this question out to the group and fish for ideas, but the problem persists. Often (whenever I'm about to say it correlates with dampness or cold or time between...
1
1

sensors on oil filter housing, 95 VR6 passat
Hi, I have recently had a few stray oil pressure warning buzzers go off on my 95 passat VR6. The dealership checked the pressure and everything is up to spec... they said to change to a heavier oil...
5
5

Supplemental Oil Change
We have a 2005 Passat TDI. And I just received a notice from the dealer for "Supplemental Oil Change". What is this and why do I need it? Or is this a dealer gimmick? Have had zero problems with the...
6
6

2001 Passat HELP
How do I push the pistons in on the rear calipers and how to I bleed th brakes? I cracked the rear brake bleed to try to get the pistons in anj now I need to pump the brakes up to get pressure. Do I...
1
1

300,000 kilometers
My 1986 Jetta GL just rolled over 300,000 kilometers, on the way home from a weekend trip. While the figure is slightly optimistic due to having not yet replaced the speedometer drive gear after the...
10
10

my 04 passat is falling apart
I was wondering if this ever happened to anyone else. This weekend I noticed something hanging underneath the engine. I figured I must have picked up some trash when traveling on the freeway. As it...
8
8

critique my article
Hello all I've reposted my "changing a vw cambelt" post (that I made here sometime back) on my (brand-new) web-site. Please feel free to read and criticise, I'll rather change it to be more accurate...

1996 Jetta GLS 2.0 engine noise
I think that the noise is coming from the valve cover. its a high picked clicking noise that lessens when the clutch is in and pretty much goes away at higher rpms. does anyone know anything about...

Looking for 1991 emblems
I have recently purchased a 1991 cabriolet. Now this is a signature series car (Etienne Agner) and these emblems are located on the back top part of the left and right side front fenders. The adhesive...

Looking for 1991 emlems
I have recently purchased a 1991 cabriolet. Now this is a signature series car (Etienne Agner) and these emblems are located on the back top part of the left and right side front fenders. The adhesive...

Some Disturbing Trends in Dub Land........
I've been a VW guy for many, many years; since the 1960's when I was in grade school. I thought I would point out some very disturbing trends I have noticed. They bother me so much that I have...
22
22

'97 jetta electrical problems
I have a 97 Jetta GLS. Recently, while trying to use the cigarette lighter for the first time I noticed a piece of paper shoved up in there. My husband stuck his key in there trying to get it out, and...
4
4