Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1982 volkswagen hatachback won't start. Can any one help?
Gas powered, water cooled, 1982 volkswagen hatchback. Problems started small. Loss of power going up a hill or any time you had to give it more seemed like the more gas it got the less power it had....
8
8

Is the Golf Diesel no more ?
Very few of my "local" Washington VW dealer list the Golf models and none have the TDI engine. Is a Golf Diesel no longer being produced ? I need an economy hatchback, not a Jetta......
20
20

un-pimp your ride
?v=xCIF6JF1O5U Volkswagen: Un-pimp Your Ride commercial
1
1

96 jetta will not start all the time
I have a 1996 VW Jetta 2.0 automatic, when I first got the car everything was working just fine then about 3 months latter I went out to start it and the car was tottaly dead. I jump started it and it...
7
7

1999 Jetta 3 (mk3 wolfsberg) loss of power, rough idle misfires etc. - Help please!
I've got a '99 Jetta 3 with the 8 valve 2L ABA engine. Car is completely stock, and has run fine more or less its whole life. Abruptly the other day it would lose power and even quit. Initially it...
1
1

Exhaust coating
Just recently bought a fairly good condition downpipe for my 88' Scirocco 16v however before installing it I intended on cleaning it up a bit. I was wondering if there are any issues if I get the...
1
1

V-reg Bora Aircon cluth/compressor failure
Hiya, I've got a v-reg Bora V5, which until recently, had climate control. Thinking it needed a service, I've just had a man out to look at it, but he tells me a clutch has come off, and the...

Check Engine Light after 40K Service
My 2001 Jetta GLS 2.0L has 51K miles. I got it at 45K miles last year and it has been running fine, but since the pollen filter was very dirty I assumed the previous owner never did the 40K service,...
6
6

'95 Jetta door drops
Still working out issues with this new-to-me Jetta....driver door out of kilter, doesn't close exactly right, has about 1/4 inch of up and down play.....anybody experience this and knows the fix for...
4
4

2001 Jetta Power Door Mirrors
I have a 2001 Jetta 1.8T. The power doors mirrors only work intermittently. Since I am basically the only driver they don't get adjusted much, but some days they work fine and some days they don't...

Rear right reak ligh Jetta 2001
Hello, I have a 2001 Jetta 2.0 L and I just noticed that my right rear break light is not working. I checked the bulb and it's fine. I also checked the fuses close to the wheel but I couln't find...
3
3

VW parts
Check out for great deals on upgrade kits,chips, and accessories.
1
1

94 Jetta Will not shut off
Anyone have an idea why my 94 Jetta will not shut off. It starts and runs fine but will not shut off when I turn the key to the off position. I have to disconect the battery, The ACC lights on the...
4
4

OEM VW Parts Books for Sale
I have the following OEM VW parts catalogs for sale on microfiche. I also have some OEM VW parts CD ROMs as well, covering 1948 and up VW models. Drop me a line with any interest. Thanks, Joe. P.S. To...
1
1

Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ
The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ has been updated. The most current version is 5.6 and can be found on