Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

02 Golf plug change.
Anyone know how to change the spark plugs on a 02 Golf 1.6 8valve they are hid behind the inlet manifold and look impossible without removing it? Help.
1
1

VAG-COM required? Flushing the brake fluid-ABS MARK 60
I found this note as part of the procedure in my Bentley manual-CD "AFTER BLEEDING THE SYSTEM, PERFORM A ZERO COMPENSATION OF THE BRAKE PRESSURE SENDER -1--G201" implying that the Scan tool is...
2
2

Out of Gas
I took a nice drive today on a rare sunny day in the Seattle area, out to the Pacific Ocean and back. (Got 31.3 MPG MkIV 2006 GTI 1.8T w/ about 4K miles) Then I went to gas up at my usual place... but...
15
15

Learning how to rebuild an VW engine
One thing I've always wanted to do since I was a kid was to completely dismantle an engine, put it back together, and have it work afterwards. I own an 86 VW GTi, so I now think it might be...
8
8

BUZZING SOUND COMES ON WHEN OIL TEMP GOES PAST HALF WAY
mark. When I step on gas it stops for a while. It may come on again if car is going slow but if it at a speed where air is coming in then it doesnt come on. Any one know what this is? The car is Jetta...
5
5

corrado g60 92 codes
please help!!!! 1121 2112 1211 2121 1212 i dont have a book so i dont know what the codes mean maybe someone can help please...
2
2

Refills for OEM Aero Wipers
Obviously I'm asking for options other than the dealer, Anybody know where I can get refills for the Aero Wipers (R32 or W8 Passat) TIA
3
3

Door latch sensor switch
Anybody know someone who works at Saia-Burgess? Need to get the inside skinny on what the part number is for the $3 sub-miniture plunger snap switch that senses the position of the door latch...
1
1

2000 TDI Eng Temp Light
My 2000 Bug TDI's blue temp light comes on randomly after the car has been driven for over 30-40 minutes. The light comes on and then just as randomly goes off. The car has been at the dealer for...
1
1

Deciphering VAG-COM errors...anyone?
Hooked my car upto VAG-COM last night (Golf V6 4motion, 2000) and received the following errors. Could anyone translate into English please? VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S Control Module Part...
2
2

WTB TDU in DFW area
I'm looking to be a new or used TDI in the DFW area. Are any of the dealers discounting these within a reasonable range? I'd also consider a good used one - Passat, Jetta, gold, maybe a Beetle if...
3
3

downpipe to catalytic converter bolt size?
I have a 1994 Jetta with the 2.0L (ABA) engine. I also managed to loose the 3 bolts+nuts that connect the downpipe to the catalytic converter. Instead of being pissed, I decided to go ahead and buy...

Hi-beam
Recently, 88 VW Fox rejected for vehicle inspection. Reason: No high beam indication at instrument panel. I've located a replacement bulb, removed the instrument panel. How do I replace the bulb? How...
8
8

=> 40% off Popular Apartment Complex at Great Location
Popular Apartment Complex at Great Location. 40% off Somerset Towers is a popular apartment complex at a great location. Carlingwood Shopping Mall is just across the street. Bus stop is in front of...
2
2

94 jetta no power at the horn
Hi The horn on my 94 jetta diesel isn't working. I have checked the fuse in the fuse panel #13 and it seems to be fine. I have no power at the wires at the steering wheel. Which relay is the horn...
3
3