Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Polo Timing Belt - when do I change it?
I have a 97 Polo 1.6 Manual, what is the accepted wisdom for changing the timing belt. Best info I have at the moment is "check it" at 60,000miles. Thanks Dave
11
11

78 rabbit fuel level sending unit / good repair manual?
New 78 vw rabbit 4 door, gas 1. how do i replace the fuel level sending unit i live in seattle and it is raining and was hoping someone knows right away? i checked around the trunk and then i was...
3
3

Mark 3 Golf GTi MFA display
Hi The display on the MFA is poor - Many of the pixels that make up the digits are missing. Seems to swop between displays ok but cant really make out the readings. Also the illumination on the heater...
1
1

Wax polish recomendation
Hi. I live on the coast. My poor old Golf soaks up the salty sea air. Can anyone recomend a seriously tough and resistant wax polish for the paintwork. Cheers ... Tony
3
3

Poor VW Bora TDI 115 mpg during cold ambient temperatures.
I've just returned from a holiday skiing in France. During the outgoing journey (in very cold conditions) I noticed the car was returning much lower mpg than in the uk (typically about 10 mpg lower)....
34
34

Help! Turbo cuts out on 99 Jetta TDI
The car is an early 99 Jetta TDI 5 speed standard with 225,000 km on a 1.9 1Z engine. Works great until cruising up a steep hill, and the turbo seems to cut out completely. Back on the level, there is...
4
4

Can a newbie change his own break discs and pads on a Rabbit?
Or is it too confusing? Thanks, Jon
10
10

2.0L ABA Swap problems
Hi Everyone; I used to post here quite frequently but haven't been online in a long time. I am hoping that someone might be able to help me out. I have a 1990 Jetta GLI with a 2.0L ABA swap. I am...
5
5

How is the 2.8L V6? (not VR)
Hi everyone... I've been looking at a 2001 Audi A4 - V6 model, same engine as the Passat from the same era. How are people liking this engine, fuel economy wise, maintenance wise etc? The mechanic who...
11
11

Is pedal resistance adjustable?
I test drove a 2003 Jetta GLS (no turbo) last week. One thing I didn't like was that the brake and gas pedals were very touchy. At first, I thought it was me being used to the degraded performance of...
11
11

2.0T owners any?
I would appreciate some report from anybody owning a 2..0Turbo The torque specification seems to be great. I guess it is too much for the first gear. What is the time it takes to get from...
3
3

Remedy for PO411 code?
My 2001 beetle turbo keeps having the check engine light come on with the P0411 code (secondary air injection, incorrect flow) being the cause. I have changed out all my vac hoses and the CE light is...
1
1

Want to Buy Used Jetta or Passat Need Advice
I am shopping for a used Jetty or Passat wagon and would like to get as much information as I can to make an educated decision. Isn't there a site where I can read reviews of these used cars and find...
4
4

98 Jetta Transmission Shift Indicator Problem
I have a 98 Jetta that I replaced the transmission in. Now the shift indicator on the dash shows the wrong gear. When I turn the key on the indicator shows the correct gear, then quickly moves to D. I...
3
3

85 n/a diesel
trying to get the crank bolt off, any ideas?
5
5