2.0 L aircooled engine into 1894 water boxer- fuel inj. barely runs

Subject: 2.0 L aircooled engine into 1894 water boxer- fuel inj. barely runs

The fuel injection on my 1984 water boxer (1.9L) has completely crapped out, I have done piles of diagnostic stuff and it still refuses to run...

Here is the question:

Can I put a 2.O liter pancake engine into my vanagon...after all the the 1980 to 1983 vanagons have the pacake aircooled motor in them, and I can at least work on them pretty well.

One would assume that the motor mounts are the same??? Maybe not???

Stephen in Jackson Hole

Reply to
1984Vanagon

if it were me, I'd much prefer the watercooled engine. If you're not interested in fixing the injection system you have, there are several companies out there that make aftermarket control units.

Reply to
Jon