2000 Jetta DTC Codes

Check engine light is on - had AutoZone scan the system and they reported back two codes

0088 1800

Any help on deciphering these would be appreciated.

Car occasionally is difficult to start in cold weather (44k miles)

Bill snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Bill N

I have a Bentley which lists V.A.G codes and the corresponding SAE P-code, DTC Table. Neither of these are shown. But then again, I don't know too much about these. Ask Autozone to give you the corresponding VAG code or SAE P code, I'll look them up and post them.

Good luck.

Reply to
Dermott

My Bentley manual doesnt show either of these codes in the Powertrain codes. Ask AutoZone what part you need to buy to kill the trouble code.

I had success with this method on another (non VW) car, they first referred me to the dealer when I had ck engine light. The scan tool said 'emissions' or something generic like that. I asked what is the cost of the most commonly replaced part in the emission system??? answer PCV valve at $3. Replaced in parking lot, cleared code, no troubles since.

You might also double check that you arent mistyping or transposing digits or something.

Reply to
Mike

Never saw any of them!

Reply to