2000 Jetta GL trunk not opening on remote entry or manual

Problem: I have a 2000 Jetta GL and encountered a problem recently with the trunk not opening on remote keyless entry as well as manaul entry.

Solution: I could only access the trunk by removing the back seats and unscrewing the carpet off the trunk, then I pushed the lash manually.

Reply to
preston2003