87 GLI 16v Axle size

Hi,

I have a friend that is willing to take his old 8v Tranny and put it in my

87 16v jetta. Will this tranny work? He said if my Jetta has 100mm axles it should work fine? I would just hate to go through all that trouble to find out it doesn't work. Plus, this would be great to get my Jetta back on the road since it was about to hit it's 10th year anniversary this October.

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
TurboRocco

PJ4LIFE