91 Passat Radio

Is this silly thing supposed to stay on when you turn the car off?

I've always wondered cuz it's really annoying having to shut the damn thing of manually :).

It is another infamous electrical problem?

Cheers,

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Sundberg

Can't speak for '91 Passats in particular, but IIRC that's fairly common on older VWs. On my '03 Passat the radio shuts off when you remove the key, but you can then turn it back on with the key still out. (Discovered that today, actually, quite by accident!)

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Thanks for the hint. It also worked on my 2002 NB. I don't remember seeing it in the manual, but I will have to take a look.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Adrian