95 VW Jetta wont start New Battery

95 VW Jetta, tried jumping the car no luck, hazard lights would keep flashing could not turn them off, put a battery charger on overnight and it started ran for a week fine then today after driving all day it would not start again. Put as new battery in and the same thing... wont jump, hazard lights flash on their own, wont even turn no solenoid action at all. car is stuck at the beach right now. Any Help would be appriciated, mark
Reply to
Mark

Energize the starter with a remote switch and see if the starter is bad. Could it be the alarm?

dave

Hey Dave Thanks for the info. After the new Battery was installed and I cleaned the terminals, it initially would not start and the hazards kept flashing. We left it connected eventually the flashers went out after

15 min., still would not start. much later we tried again and it started. It has worked fine since then. Got to love those German cars... Thanks for the info. Mark
Reply to
Mark