Cabin Filter Location???? 1999 Jetta

Ok, I really need help with this one. Where the .....ll is the cabin filter in a 1999 Jetta???? How can I get to it to replace it???

Reply to
Mercury

Hiya Mercury

Over the pond it is located on the left hand side under the plastic trim at the bottom of the windscreen, so i would imagine that in your case it will be on the right handside. If you open the bonnet and look at the plastic trim at the bottom of the windscreen you will see four black plastic bolts, remove these and lift it up just enough to unclip the cabin filter and slide it out.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Dr Gonzo

If it's 99 then it doesn't have one. 99.5 were near the right side hood hinge under a cover.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Guess I didn't need to goto the dealer today and ask this exact same question....

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Odd that the A3s didn't have a pollen filter, yet my '90 GLI has one....go figure...

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Yep. however you can do an upfit by buying the filter case and installing it where the coarse intake screen is. So yes, they will fit into an A3. I bought my filter kit from Adirondack.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Eh... you Canadians always get things we never see in the states.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Like 8-Valve, Automatic Transmission A2 Jetta GLIs

Reply to
Pete Cressman

||Odd that the A3s didn't have a pollen filter, yet my '90 GLI has one....go ||figure...

I think it was an aftermarket add-on for an A2. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

My GLI has been in the family since new....never added on by us...and it isn't on the invoice from the dealer....

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Reply to
Rob Guenther

The Beetle is the same...it filters out a ton of crap and, when I drive up to the cottage, much of the drive is through Ontario's back country, and there is ALOT of farm land...the pollen odor does alot to keep those odors down.

Reply to
Pete Cressman