Cold Weather and Check Engine Light on 2001 Jetta 1.8T?

2001 Jetta 1.8T 58k miles

Car sat parked for 3 days in 28F-34F degree temps and two snowfalls so the car was coated with ice and snow when I went to start it on the 4th day to go to work. Between 1/4 and 1/2 tank of gas in the car (medium to high octane).

Car ran fine, then the 5th (same temps) the check engine light came on during start up and has not gone off (today is the 6th day). Only noticed very very small idle roughness once or twice and lasted for a minute or two at most at a stoplight. No acceleration or starting problems.

Any chance the check engine light will go off as I've read in some posts of similar behavior? Any speculation on the cause (before I get a code reader or take it to the dealer to read)? Thanks.

Mike Seattle, WA

Reply to
Mike Brophy

It could be almost anything. It may or may not be related to the weather. Only getting the codes will tell.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan