ecu rechip

I have a 1999 1/2 jetta TDI that would like to get re-chipped has anyone had experiences in western Canada with cold conditions and slippery roads?

Reply to
jameshepburn1

Dave

I have Upsolute stage 1 that was done in 2003. I would not want to drive that in the snow and ice. It is ok with light throttle and heavy throttle. Mid throttle has a bit of a surge. Kind of like days of old coming on to the cam when you had a big cam in your street car. Or like popping the secondaries in a Quadrojet when the secondaries are set a bit loose.

It does fine in cold weather. It does fine on wet roads. It just has a bit sensitive spot that is not as smooth as the factory programming. Note of course that in 4 years that surge may have been programmed out.

Reply to
Jim Behning