Exhaust Options?

I bought my Mk3 Golf used a few months ago and am happy in all respects except for the exhaust system. The last owner replaced it with some sort of custom setup which is welded together from the downpipe back and it's waaay to loud. There's a universal cat and an empty can and that's it for sound muffling. Can anyone recommend a fix which will allow me to keep the cat (which is the most expensive piece to replace) but find me some peace and quite?

Thanks, -AM

Reply to
Andrew Mark

hahaha thats a funny story. If you've got someone you know who can weld take the whole exhaust off saw off the section after the cat and then weld a new system on. Otherwise i think it's gonna be rather expensive to get it done professionally.

Reply to
Joe

Here's a copy of something someone posted here a few months back about cat-back exhauts.... sorry i don't know who to credit! I think it was for a Mk2, but it won't be that different for the Mk3. I went for the Eurosport as it was the most easily obtained - not noisy, just like stock below 3000 rpm.

-jd

32lb, Sound 93dB, Price $125
104dB, Price $225
Reply to
John Davey

Yeah, I was afraid it was going to cost a bit. But it's nice to hear that it is, in principle, possible.

-AM

Reply to
Andrew Mark