G12 Coolant

What is special about G12 Coolant?

Reply to
Wayne Faas

dave AKA vwdoc1

Thanks for the link. What happens if ethylene glycol anti-freeze (green) is added to G12?

Reply to
Wayne Faas

Jello, I believe.

Reply to
No Spam Please

Jello, I believe.

Reply to
No Spam Please

Yeah that is what I am told also about the gelling up of the coolant. I have not seen that happen with coolant but I have with an oil cooler leaking oil into the cooling system. UGLY creating an overheated situation! Now I think the new G12+ is purple in color and should not be harmed if you use some of the other G11 and G12 coolants. I think it is called a "Universal" VW coolant now but it still looks pink/red to me.

Go down about 1/2 down and read the "VW procedures"

read it all! ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1