GOLF 3 - POWER STEERING BELT CHANGE

Basically, unscrew the tensionner, unscrew the hidden bolts to make the pump somehow loose and, important, unscrew and detach the pulley to take the belt out. Install a new belt, the pulley (a new one if someone else did fight with it), then the tensionner and in the very end the hidden bolts that hold the pump. Hope it helps al

Reply to
al

Hi, I need to adjust/replace the PAS belt on my 93 Golf 3 - its squeels on full lock. Can anyone give me a step by step how to on this job please? TIA Brad

Reply to
brad.hook

Had the same problem in Italy - a mechanic gave it some oil and it stopped :)

Now - 6 month later - no problem. In the mean time it has been adjusted though :)

Reply to
Per Henneberg Kristensen