Help!! 1995 Jetta, need proceedure to get to instrument cluster

Hello- I am trying to get to the backside of the instrument cluster. One person posted a how-to, but the cluster housing and cluster itself are still immoveable. Here is what I've done...

  1. Popped the airbag piece out (to left of headlight sw/dimmer) and popped the headlight/dimmer module out
  2. Removed the retaining screws there.
  3. Popped the plastic plates out to the left and right of the radio and unscrewed the retaining screws there
  4. Tried to remove the housing and it was a no-go....

Seems like it is still fastened at the top. I think it seems like there are retaining screws behind the vent trims but I cannot see how to pop off the vent trim (does this even come off???)

Any help (please be specific) will be appreciated. Thanks Tim Richter

Reply to
Timothy

Got it, thanks anyway (was not prying hard enough to free the tabs at the top...) Tim

Reply to
Timothy