Help me take the Jetta seats out

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could direct me in how to take the seats of my 00' Jetta GLS out. We were moving houses and while traveling my kitty got scared and well, now I have got to figure out how to take the front passenger side seat out and clean it. Any correct directions would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Reply to
heymrswoodson

Can't speak directly to the A4 body style, but A1, A2, and A3 body cars all work like this:

There are two little stops on the back side of the rails that the rear seat posts slide on that unscrew with a philips head screw. Then on the front of the seat in the center there is a rail that slides through a guide. There's a nut and bolt that go through this rail that you take out. Then you lift the seat adjuster lever to allow the seat to slide back out of the rails. Far simpler than most domestic cars...

Reply to
bruce

If one were to pick nits the A1 has an allen bolt and an acorn nut in the front that you remove to slide the seat out the back. I cannot pick any other nits as I have not tried to remove the seat out of my A4.

Reply to
Jim Behning

I'll pick a nit :) well it's been a long time but IIRC my mk2 didn't have stops on the rails either...it was as described above with the mk1.

Reply to
Matt B.

First bend the rear seat rest forward, and remove the 2 plastic seat rail covers on the sides held on by 1 Phillips screw each. Slide the seat all the way back and remove the 2 nuts up front right near the center area close the where the sliding lever is. You should then be able to wiggle the seat out. It will be obvious then that you will need to disconnect the miscellaneous electrical connectors for the airbag, seat belt switch etc. which you will see directly underneath the seat.

Reply to
Madesio