Home made valve spring compressor?

Has anyone made one of these? If so do you have a website with some details, or maybe you can just describe what to buy at the hard ware store so maybe I can hack one together. Planning on trying to do my seals this weekend.

Reply to
Matt Anderson

Tom Resi

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

My dog and his bitch love VWs... although I don't think they like the new wagon because I've got the cargo net so they can't climb all the way up to the front... 80lbs lapdogs make it hard to drive a car.

Reply to
Pencilneck

Really!? I didn't know! Did you make a comparison between price/cargo capacity/reliability? I did! And the winner was HONDA! In last 17 years I had only VWs so I think I can have an opinion about them. And let me tell you: their quality didn't improve much to make me buy another one. Their design is much better but that is about only improvement. And what burns my tent is the VW dealers. I'm fed up with their arrogance (because they are selling "german quality") and especially with their incompetence. If you know zilch VW you should sell shoes, not cars.

Reply to
Tom Resi

They make it hard to be a passenger too. I've survived a veeery loong trip, It was a nightmare. Droll all over the windows, my clothes, my face. And wait 'till the dog learns the net is chewable...

Reply to
Tom Resi

Poll Question: Who thinks the Element is fugly?

I cast my vote for fugly!

Tally: Fugly: 2 Cute: 1

Reply to
John Rutledge

Take your "Tonka Toy" to a honda group!

Reply to
Joe R

Reply to
Tom Resi

Mr. Joe Moron, if you read back the thread carefully and force your organ (whichever that might be) which fulfills the comprehension task, you hopefully will understand that I didn't bring any Honda discussion here. I just stated my disappointment with VW cars quality and VW dealers miserable CS. Reasons why my next purchase will be a Honda Element, model which John Rut., Rob Gue. and yourself dislike and consequentially felt the urge to give me your opinion about my choice (like I asked for it). It's your equal in IQ level John Rut. who open up the thread sparked by Rob Gue. uncalled remark. Just by looking at your own posting (see below) any normal person will agree that I didn't invite for a discussion about Honda, I just stated my next choice based on the above reasons. So my answer to you at your level is GFY!, I am not and I was never interested in opening a discussion here about Honda!

Joe R wrote:

Reply to
Tom Resi

Here is, to ease up on your neuron stress, the original post I made earlier:

"For my 1.8 engine head I had improvised such a tool from a valve spring compressor for domestic cars. With plenty of will and li'l cursing and swearing it worked for me on two heads rebuilt jobs, without any damage to the head or my fingers. I don't need it any more. I just replaced last month the head on my '87 Fox(230k) with a fairly new one (50k) so I won't need it anymore. I'm switching to Honda Element."

If this is to you an invitation to open a Honda discussion, you don't have all your marbles together.

Joe R wrote:

Reply to
Tom Resi

No you may not!

1 - I didn't ask for your f#*#*#g opinion 2 - Mr. Joe wants this thread you started, taken to a H> May I ask, why the Honda Element?... its such an ugly looking car,
Reply to
Tom Resi

Here's the proof that I didn't want to open a discussion about Honda here:

Clear now Joe.. DH.

Joe R wrote:

Reply to
Tom Resi

I was just baiting you and you took the bait (I know, juvenile but fun). It might make you feel better to know that I have an '03 Accord (so I can feel smarter than other people) and like fugly cars like Citroens, the VW 411, and even the Element.

Reply to
John Rutledge

Reply to
Rob Guenther