Installing turbo on non turbo 1.6L diesel

Hi

I have a 1.6l TD engine that needs a ring job and a vehicle with a non turbo 1.6l diesel. Can I put the turbo on the non turbo engine? Are the oil pumps different between the two engines?

stan

Reply to
Stanley Baer

Yes you can but the TD has a oil cooler and jets spraying oil on the bottom sides of the pistons. I don't know if the pumps are different. Why not put rings and rod bearings in the td?

Joe

Reply to
Joe R

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea how nuch the rings, bearings, and all the gaskets cost?

stan

Joe R wrote:

Reply to
Stanley Baer

I don't know but there are several vendors on the web that specialize on the older vw diesels.

Joe

Reply to
Joe R