It rained and my jetta wont start

crap it rained and now my mk 1 jetta wont start. starter motor wouldnt even crank! argh. help people help!

Reply to
dnotes

Could be bad spark plug wires. Moisture often affects them.

Reply to
Ken Sternberg

the stupid thing was i tried to jump start it, and now it's parked in the parking lot of a park next to my place, checked this morning and for some weird reason, battery's dead. took a bus to the store, bought a battery booster, charging that now. hope it works.

u know what? i just changed the distri cap, wires and plugs just last oct/nov! and i havent even driven more than 10000km

someth> Could be bad spark plug wires. Moisture often affects them.

Reply to
dnotes

All your cranking may have drained the Batt. Check how tight your terminals are attched too - I had a "dead" batt on a jeep once that only needed cleaning of the post and retightening. As for the moisture, spray some moisture repellant spray or even WD-40 all of the dist-cap.

Reply to
bob

Reply to
dnotes