Monsoon TOO LOUD

The dealer set my Monsoon radio to get louder when I accelerate....how do I get it to *not do that*?.......I don't have a manual for it.

Reply to
Rakblight2

The details may vary depending on which version of the radio you have. To complicate things, some manuals are wrong. Anyway, you can try this:

Press the Dolby button (to the right of the tape cassette slot) and hold id down for more than three seconds. You should get a beep and some words in the display. If it says "SET UP VOL ON LIMIT" you can adjust the Scan/Tune knob to display a number representing the MAXIMUM you want volume to be when the radio is turned on (if the volume is LOWER than this when turned off, then that lower volume will be used at turn-on). Press the Dolby button again. If it says "SET UP SPEED DEP VOL", use the Scan/Tune knob to display a number from 0-3. 0 means 'off', which seems to be what you want. 1,

2, and 3 produce increasingly aggressive bumps to volume as speed goes up. Press the Dolby button again, for longer than 3 seconds, to save the changes.

Not all radios have both of these functions.

BTW, if you don't have a manual, make sure to at least get the anti-theft code number for your radio. Without it, your radio will become useless if the battery is ever disconnected.

Regards, Chris Beall

Reply to
Chris Beall

Reply to