Need to get a New Tire Rim for my Cabrio

and i just freaked out looking at a discount site where they were going for $700+ . I am in the NYC area, what's the best way to go about this, calll junkyards and get the rim myself? I'm flipping out, and this happened after business hours on Saturday, so at least I didn't take a tow anywhere, I just put on the donut and went home. I can live with a wait to do this cheaper- any ideas/ suggestions/ sources in the North NJ / NYC area? Much thanks in advance! Betty

Reply to
bettyellen

i'm going to go out and see what info/ codes are on the rim, does it have to be the same brand/ type as the original? where do i measure for size? is someone like sears or pep boys a bid choice for this? there's also a firstone nearby.

Reply to
bettyellen

is all I can say. Check the classifieds section there. You're looking for 6x14 rims, btw, if we're talking about a pre-93, A1 cabrio. No idea what size rims the A3/A3.5 has.

Reply to
René