Rim & Tire Question

Just a quick question.

I've decided to go with 16" rims on my 95 MX-5 with Yokohama Avid H4S rubber.

Question; will 16" screw up my cornering geometry or will it improve it? Other than a harsher ride just cruising, any pitfalls here?

Appreciate any input.

Reply to
joe

It won't make any geometry difference, as long as the offset is close to stock.

SInce you're getting cheap tires, I assume you're also getting cheap wheels. Cheap 16-inchers are bound to be heavy, which will hurt ride, grip, acceleration, and braking. A lower-profile tire offers less protection to the wheel from road hazards, so it's easier to bend a rim.

But the differences probably won't be huge. With those tires, you may not even notice.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Reply to
Christopher Muto