newbie to the group...

hey, been reading for a couple days, and had a question for the group. i've just recently started driving a VW (this is my jetta's 2nd winter with me), and it seems this cars acceleration and cornering has gotten to me. i drive an '88 with a german chassis, and a PF engine. i'm looking to give it a little more kick off the line( as if it really needs it), and the ability to corner even faster(i've been told this may be hazardous to my health :). i'm considering adding a turbo, and going to coil-over shocks/springs. given the fact that my coffers are empty at the moment i feel this is a good time to plan something like this( i CAN'T just go out and buy something). are there any brands / sources that would be well suited to someone who has relatively little exp. under the hood? before you tell me it's a bad idea to make mods w/out exp. i have a 30 yr. veteran VW mechanic for a father in law, and he'd most likely be helping me to do any work on the car. thanks. Pixie

Reply to
ds

If its not a GLX/GLS model, you might want to think about starting with one of those models instead....

Reply to
Biz

i'm guessing that's because those come with the 2.0L engine? anything else that'd make one of those a better choice? i'm guessing availability might be an issue, as i can't seem to find any kits for the MkII GL.

Reply to
dfs