OT: Converted your SO?

How many people have successfully converted their SO (significant other) or future SO? Any Converted? Just wondering. My girlfriend's dad loves those lil asian cars (they have a Kia and 2 Toyotas). She always points to my car when it doesn't start and ha, look no reliability. [0] I'm still trying to convince her that if/when/after we get married that our daily driver will be some sort of TDI. [1]

[0]. The poor thing is 12 years old and has had very bad previous owners. I'm finally getting some work done and it runs like a champ. [1]. "If diesel is so much better, then why does everyone still drive gas." An argument which I now just shake my head to.
Reply to
Jedediah A Frey

I have my best friend loving my two VWs for different reasons, the 1991 A2 Golf because it is the "G-Force" mobile.... implicating my fast turning despite being shod with 13" tires :-), everyone is quite impressed by the level of performance I can extract from it... I have quite a few lovers of the old Golf. He likes the TDI (1999) because its a diesel, and he drove it and loved how it handled, and felt... I also got him liking my dad's 1993 Volvo 960 wagon... ill call him a European convert at least, he thinks Volvo's are nicer, but VWs sportier kinda thing...

.... he even thinks the 90hp TDI powerplant is a "ballsy, manly engine"... he must like the clatter.

Reply to
Rob Guenther