How many people?

How many people (adults) will fit on a bench seat in the back of a 90? I recall 6 (3 per bench) in the back of a 110, is this right and is it the same in a 90?

yes, I may, once again, be a land rover owner... soon ;o)

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.
4, two per side. more if you are feeling friendly and sod mr. plod !
Reply to
Hirsty's

Depends on how big their backsides are.

Reply to
Nikki

My 109 STW is original registred for 12 people, 3 at front, 3 at the backseat, 6 at the benches. Thats crouded!

My driverslicens in DK only permitt 9 people, have been 10 once, an alumiumcan stuffed with people, no air and foggy windows!

So 6 at the bench of a 90 and 3 at front - Have to be very good friends!!

Lars

109 STW 1977

Reply to
Lars Svane

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mr.Nice. at snipped-for-privacy@-nospam-clara.co.uk wrote on 19/12/03 7:51 pm:

In a 110 it's 3 kids/small adults per side, or two bloaters ;-)

Reply to
David Sillitoe

In article , Lars Svane writes

My seven-year-old thinks the front seat in the Landy is brilliant: she's too small to see out of the windscreen, so she has her own, personal window just below it :). It's not so good in this weather though.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Twas Sat, 20 Dec 2003 09:34:54 +0000 (UTC) when David Sillitoe put finger to keyboard producing:

So that's 4 in the back of a 90... room for a couple of dogs at the same time?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Same answer I guess - depends on the size of the dogs.

Face to face in a 90 usually means knee - to - knee (if not with a bit of overlap). Room for dogs to lie under your feet, or possibly for one to stand / sit at one end. I'd get some of those charcoal chews for it first though - it's gonna be pretty cosy!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Isaac likes sitting in the midde seat on the Lightweight - its his seat and if any of the girls sit in it they end up getting their hair pulled until they move.

Reply to
Nikki

We looked after a friends Staff the other week and not having had Staffs for several years, we had forgotten how much of a stink they could make.

Reply to
Nikki

In article , Nikki writes

Lizzie (littlest) likes it too. Happily as brother and sister are 4+ years older it doesn't have the same appeal for them (and they tend to get in the way of gearchanges). Makes her feel important too, I expect, right in the middle of things! So it's middle seat in the winter (when we have the vents shut), passenger side in the summer.

Aren't Land Rovers brilliant!

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Twas Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:21:06 +0000 when Tim Hobbs put finger to keyboard producing:

One is a rottweiler and the other is a skinny article..

'll mostly be kids in the back aged 8, 12, 13. and 17 but I counthim as adult.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

A similar question might be, has anyone driven with a passenger in the middle front seat and what were there reactions ?

I would fear constantly jabbing them in the belly with my elbow or inadvertantly groping where I should not :(

Reply to
Larry

I've done it many a time as both driver and passenger. It helps if you have a good relationship with the other person. It would also probably help to wear a codpiece, if you happen to be the passenger.

David French

They have their moments... but yeah, we love 'em too!

Reply to
David Sillitoe

On or around Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:00:19 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

or train the passenger to do the gearchanges.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In my experience the center seat is always best for the drivers significant other (whenever possible)

You can drive without touching the center passenger too often. Dont bank on using an overdrive much though unless you are really good friends!

Reply to
Tom Woods

With the codpiece?

Reply to
Ray

With the S111 I had it used to be along the lines of;

'Can I have a lift home?' 'Well there is only one seat left...' 'But I'd really appreciate it' 'OK, but how happy are you at spreading your legs?' 'I didn't mean that appreciative!! I'll get a taxi'

Once my friends got used to it, most were OK, and the smallest of the group got the hot seat, and as long as there was pleanty of notice, the overdrive wasn't a problem :-)

One bother I had was that there were speaker shelves above the back windows that would get battered about on a regular basis by the heads of less alert passengers.

I did manage to get 8 very drunk policemen in the back once, but I figured if I did get stopped I would have a bloody good excuse!

Detrious