Passat replacement engine

My Passat 1.8T's engine finally terminated yesterday. I am now loooking round for a replacement engine and was wondering if rather than replacing it with the same 1.8T it would be possible to replace it with any of the other engine options?

Reply to
davidwestwater

My Passat 1.8T's engine finally terminated yesterday. I am now loooking round for a replacement engine and was wondering if rather than replacing it with the same 1.8T it would be possible to replace it with any of the other engine options?

Reply to
davidwestwater

So why did you engine give up the ghost?

I've got a '99 with 211k and it runs like it did once it was broken in.

Reply to
Jack Lowry

Jack

Camshaft seized, think it was the dreaded oil sludge problem despite having had the oil & filter changed only 6 weeks ago. I am waiting for a more detailed report from the garage and hope to put my case to VW as the car is a only 6 years old and has under 80,000 miles on the clock. I have only recently become aware of the oil problems so am not sure I have all the bills to confirm that the oil changes were done within the specified periods. To be honest my local dealership where I bought it from 4 years ago are worse than useless so I have only had it serviced with them once. The other services were done by a local independent garage.

If anyone out there has experience of the best way to approach VW in the UK about this please let me know.

David

Jack Lowry wrote:

Reply to
davidwestwater