Problem with New Jetta

I very recently got a 2005 Jetta 2.5. Overall I'm happy with the car. Problem is rattling sounds coming from the passenger door (sounds like the window) as well as air filter above the radio. What do I tell the dealership?? I brought it in once and they said they couldnt replicate the sounds. Maybe I can fix this myself??

Reply to
cnuheymikey

Ask them if they installed the door panel speaker update foam blocks kit.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Ok thanks! Is this something they all should have done?

Reply to
cnuheymikey

NO.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Would this kit potentially solve the problem of the speakers buzzing whenever the bass gets too loud?

-alan

Reply to
Alan Hoyle

Yes, that was it's initial purpose. But if you happen to be a owner who "cranks" the volume or bass up high then it may still have some unwanted noises. But over all it greatly improves the sound quality.

Reply to
Woodchuck

So you are saying that if they installed the kit, someone botched the job not making the hardware fit tight again?

Reply to
Peter Parker

What the kit does is reduce the speaker vibrations when the radio is on. It happens more on music with a bunch of bass tones or higher volume levels. The kit does reduce about 95% of unwanted vibration. I was told that it all started when Americans wanted drink holders in the doors so VW had to relocate the bass speaker. Over in Germany I'm told they don't turn their cars into traveling restaurants like we do here.(lol)

Reply to
Woodchuck

Yes, I could never understand this bit of american way of life. If I get the cup of coffee and put it into the cupholder, then after my average journey the cup itself probably still will be sitting there, but I am really not sure of the content. Even closed, with a lid on top.

So, given the joy of american justice ("warning, this coffee is hot", "this side up", "dont put your cat into the microwave", "objects in the rear view mirror..." and so on) plus combined with more serious engines you usually drive (VR6 is "usual"), I wonder, why there are no "don't put into the cupholder while you drive" writtings on them?

Reply to
draugaz

I'm "glad" to hear that I'm not the only one with the speaker buzzing problem. Is this kit readily available to the dealers and how much $$$ is it? Does anyone else have the rattle in the dash around the radio or front air vents? Any ideas?

Reply to
Vincent Perry

Warranty, it's a free fix.

Reply to