Radio coding - 99 Jetta

Just bought the car. It's been in the shop for a couple of weeks - timing belt, water pump, fender, rust,.... Previous owner had stereo, removed; no manual so no code for the original radio.

It's now in safe mode.

Dealer wants $50 for the numbers.

Are there any cheaper options?

Reply to
Jack

I don't know how good your stereo is, but I recently purchased a new AM/FM/CD for about that same amount of money, and did not have to worry about codes because, being a non-VW unit, there is no code. It works fine, and was easy to install into my '88 Cabbie.

Reply to
Papa

E-mail me!

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Tried; message bounced back.

If you post another address, or try me by removing the spamproofing period after the "w" in mine, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks.

Jack

Lost > E-mail me!

Reply to