Re: HELP VW ODOMETER READING!!!!!

You dont need to change the milage. it's a replacement speedomoter. All you ahve to do is show the original milage (scan or photocopy the face with the odo or soemthin) and prove that you boguht a new speedo and what the milage was on that. Tha'ts even if they bother. Just tell them it's new. provide a reciept or shipping info you got or whatever. Youll be fine.

--Andy P

In my 1996 volkswagon jetta my speedometer was broken. So I went on > ebay and bid and won a new one for $12.50. But now the milage on it > reads 25,000 instead of what is should be which is 173,000. I need it > to be the real mileage. I know that the state I live in compares > milage from the preavous year when getting a new inspection sticker! > Does anyone have any idea's on what I should do ?
Reply to
Andy Pronobis