Recommended Maintenace guide

I just bought a 1995 Golf GL but it didn't come with the manual to tell you when and what to service. The main manual keeps referring to it. Is this listed on any web site or is there any other way I could get my hands on one? I have 150km on the car and I would like to know what might be due or overdue as regular maintenance.

Reply to
007

You can get the Bentley service manual, which will have what you are looking for and much much more:

93 Fox

For my car which is approaching 10 years old and has 150km (90miles) I was wondering what I could do to give it some more power. It is a 2.0L GL Golf. I basically am looking to recover the power it might have lost over the years, not really add any extra (unless it's inexpensive). So I want a list of things the garage can check to make sure it's running as well as it can. I don't know which parts have been replaced already though (eg. sparkplugs) because I just got the car. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
007

I have a 95 VW Golf CL that has the Maintenance Guide- it's really just what maintenance the dealer recommends should be done at certain timeframes/mileage. I could scan it if you'd like.

snip-

ditto on that one... I'm the third owner and the second owner didn't keep any records, and considering he was a university student I'm assuming he didn't do much to it..... aside from a hack job with the wiring for the stereo and all the exterior lights.... (grrr... stupid ppl...)

Reply to
lilmissgiggles