Remove Dealer Badge?

Could someone tell me how to safely remove the dealer badge on the trunk lid of my car? It's just below the PASSAT badge, and looks like a flat metal oval disc with the dealer's logo on it. How are these things usually attached?

Thanks.

Reply to
4Motion

Those are usually attached with double sided foam tape. You'll probably have the best luck if its in the hot sun, or use a hairdrayer. Get under the edge with something that can't harm the paint, a piece of string, fishing line, etc, and pull or cut it off. Peel the remainder of the foam from the paint. Adhesive can be removed with a little mineral spirits, then apply wax.

Reply to
jwlbal

Would this also work with the model badge (i.e., "Passat")?

Reply to
tf

I have wondered the same thing about the newer Passats. The older cars used to have their badges held in place by adhesive, but also had some holes drilled into the trunk so that the badge would be held in place by a couple of "pegs". If you pulled off the badge, you would see two or more holes where the badge used to be. I would like to know, too.

Reply to
AudiAvant