rough cold start in warm weather

Hi, havent posted in a while. Ive got another question about my 82 rabbit pickup. It is 1.7 CIS with AC. Here is the thing. When I start it up for the first time for the day, it runs very rough. It is as if it is popping on only one or two cylinders. It acts as if it is loaded up. If I gas it for about 3 to 5 seconds, it seems to clear it out. I have disconnected the 5th injector and replaced the injector seals. I dont know what else to do to fix it.

Reply to
thateb

Sounds like leaking injectors. Stat the engine and let it run for 5 minutes. Then pull the injectors and see if they drip gas or form gas on the tips. Leaking injectors can also be caused by to much system pressure.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I do have leaky injectors. I pulled them and turned the fuel pump on and saw occasional drips. But,,, I did not think that leaky injectors would have a thing to do with starting the pickup for the first time of the day. I do also have the problem of flooded starting when it is hot and I shut it off for ten minutes and start it again. That condition I attribute to the leaky injectors. What is the first condition caused by? Thanks.

Reply to
thateb