symptoms of a VW Jetta daylights come on in the off position switch

A week ago I had a new cylinder lock with a read coil switch replaced in my Jetta GLS 2001. Since then, my battery has been dying. I put in a new battery
and had the alternator tested and a draw test. All of that checked fine, but the battery keeps dying. The other day I noticed that my daylights come when I turn the key from the lock to the off position. Not only that, when I start my car and shut it off taking out the key, I am able to power my windows. Could this be a problem with the cylinder lock switch?
That sounds more like a driver door latch issue. Does your interior lights come on and off with the door? Especially the one in the door.