UK Golf MkIII... Good workshop book for beginner?

I'm looking for a workshop type manual suitable for a complete beginner - somebody who has never worked on cars except change the odd bulb. Haynes is established, but I also see there are also titles from Lindey Porter and Bentley and possibly others. I'm not looking to do anything serious... but would like to tackle minor jobs myself. Can anybody say which may be most suitable? TIA

Reply to
Paul Dormer