2001 Jetta 5th gear ratio

I'm looking into changing the 5th gear ratio on my 2001 Jetta. The object is to slow the engine down at highway speeds as I think it revs
way to high at 65-70 mph. What is available? Has anyone done this? Thanks
What are the current revs?

I can't recall as my daughter drives it more than I do, she will be around this weekend and I will drive and record mph/rpms and get back with you. I did take a look on etka and there looks like there are 3 differnent ratios available. A 36/43, 34/45 and a 27/32 gear set
On Saturday February 19 at 07:54am

There are kits that let you add a sixth gear to your transmission.
--
-Johann Koenig

A sixth gear might be a viable option. Do you have any url's to point me to more information?
On Monday February 21 at 05:49am

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled/browse_thread/thread/e4ab43205a5731df/b76e3869bba51651?q=6+speed+trans+for+Scirocco&_done=%2Fgroups%3Fq%3D6+speed+trans+for+Scirocco%26&_doneTitle ck+to+Search&&d#b76e3869bba51651
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=6+speed+trans+for+Scirocco
--
-Johann Koenig

about 3100rpm @ 65mph
That's loafing for a VW engine.

Kevin L wrote:
That's not really too high.
Which engine do you have? Which transmission?
-- Racer X
1984 VW Jetta Diesel GT 1992 Mazda Miata (looks OK considering it's been hit by an 18 wheeler) 1994 Caravan (OK, maybe it's a keeper, but I still want a VW Caddy) 1995 Ford Escort (may it rest in pieces) 1983 VW Rabbit GTI (ITB racer) 1988 Mazda RX-7 (maybe for sale, make offer) 1992 GMC Topkick (portable garage for racecar[s])
2.0L
Not sure about trans code, car isn't here