VW Factory new car warranty

I have heard that VW is changing from a 4-year new car warranty to a

3-year warranty with all regular maintenance included. This might affect my buying decision, Is a 3-year, 36,000 mile warranty with all maintenance included a better deal? There can't be too much maintenance, outside of regular oil changes, for those first 36.000 miles ... or do I stand corrected? Again, I'm referencing maintenance costs, not warranty coverage for defects and other problems,.

What do you think? Mr B

Reply to
Mister Bear

but I think the powertrain warranty is still 50K/5yr. Ask your dealer.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

You can purchase breakdown insurance... a worthwhile investment. And, if you are a good negotiator you can get some freebies thrown in.

Reply to
dwacon