squeals when wheel is turned, what's the problem?

Hello, All!

My 96 cabrio has started to squeale when wheel is turned all the way. Any tips on what to look for. PS fluid is Ok, belts seem OK too

With best regards, dukecola. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net

Reply to
dukecola

Could be a loose belt or a glazed one. Might not be really loose but turning the wheel all the way puts the most stress on the system so it's probably just a little loose. If it's glazed it needs replacement.

Reply to
Matt B.

check your alternator belts and other belts.. gotta be a belt.. or worn belt

-Lee

Reply to
Lee

I would say it is just trying to tell you to stop that.

Yea, I would take another look at the belt and include everything it touches.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

If it's while moving only, maybe the wheels and tires are too big and the tire is rubbing?

If not, have someone else get in the car and crank the steering wheel all the way over while you're outside with the hood up listening for where the noise is coming from.

Mark '95 Jetta GLS

Reply to
Mark Randol