Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VW 1999 jetta (New) GLS - AC Compressor help
Hi, My jetta needs replacement of ac compressor. Anyone can help me choosing good place to go to buy and replace the ac system? I searched online couple of places but how good is to buy online such...

washer pump stopped
well looks like my winshield washer pump stopped working today on my wife 1992 volkwagon vento checked the fuse it was ok after went over to the wires that attaches to the pump that powers it up...
2
2

Transporter cooling problems
Hi All, Someone named t4 wrote a message about a cooling problem with their 2.4 transporter. I have had such a problem with mine. I stripped down the rad (becareful of the power steering fluid - top...
1
1

speedomiter and tac stoped
my speedometer and tac stoped i need help im in buffalo & I CANT FIND HELP !!!! 1994 vw passat

changing instrument cluster bulbs- A2 Golf
I had to remove the instrument cluster on my '92 Golf to replace a leaking heater core. While I have the cluster out, I'd like to replace a couple of burned out bulbs (I think I am now down to one...
4
4

2.0 L 2002 Jetta Timing Belt Replacement Interval
I can't seem to locate this information. What is the recommended milegage (km/miles) to replace the timing belt? Our VW has 63,000 KM. We don't plan to keep the car for more than a year so we are...

License plate holder
Anyone know where I can buy a front license plate holder for a 1988 - 1992 VW Cabriolet Convertible? The VW part number is 155807847C. Thanks.

VW Golf TDi PD engine
Hi, I'm buying a second hand VW Golf from around 2000 / 2001. I've test driven a few today and I don't think they have the PD engine in them even though I've read that it was introduced to the Golfs...
4
4

2002 GTI Exhaust Question
Hey I need a Suggestion Im looking to change the exhaust muffler on my 2002 gti 1.8t.. Im looking at the APEXI WS2 and the APEXI N1..Which one would you guys suggest? I dont really know the...

Bentley manual
As usual, I referenced the Bentley manual before changing the valve cover gasket on the 88 Fox. I quoted "cylinder head cover gasket" as noted in the manual over the phone to the local parts dealer....
3
3

Is a Jetta TDI a good car?
I am seriously considering one of these, primarily for the fuel economy and the potential to run it on Biodiesel. I have never owned a VW and the reputation sort of precedes them... supposed to be fun...
30
30

For Sale : 1993 VW Cabriolet convertible. 77K original ( salt-free ) miles. $4500. Chapel Hill, NC 27510
The car is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27510 ( United States ). See below for my email address. This Cabriolet is in extremely nice condition, and is 100% stock except for an in-dash CD...
1
1

Water Injection on Corrado SLC VR6
Anyone out there add water injection to your VR6 Corrado? I bought one that is a teenage mutant ninja tuner mightmare!! It will not pass NO emissions tests due to no EGR valve or any way to put one on...
5
5

Camshaft oil seals - anyone have tools to rent near Milwaukee?
I am replacing the timing belt and associated parts on my 2001 Passat ATQ 2.8L 30V V6 engine. I live in Oconomowoc and can travel anywhere between Madison and Milwaukee easily. I can provide any...

Scirocco / Corrado
Does anyone know off hand if the starter in an '84 8V Scirocco can be used in a '88 Corrado G60? My son's G60 starter is on it's way out, and he happens to have the Scirocco one available. - Bill
8
8