Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

shift rod clamp bolt 86 jetta
I want to adjust the gear shift on an '86 jetta and the Bently manual says to loosen the shift rod clamp bolt in order to do this. The manual has a picture of the bolt but I can't tell from the...
7
7

99 Beetle Parts Locator?
I have a 99 Beetle which has a broken window and door lock button. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to order parts? Thanks bob 99 Beetle 04 Jetta TDI
1
1

What CIS head for my ABA swap?
I have my first Scirocco, an unmolested but slightly raggy 85 8v. Long time VW driver, but this is becoming my favorite fast. Anyway, it's slow, it's a 90hp motor, eh. And it has a ton of oil leaks,...

Heater core at home quick way
You'll love this, go to the home page after reading up on the core job. Salud, amigo.
2
2

98 New Beetle Starter parts problem
Hi, I posted here a few days ago with a question about how to remove the starter from my 98 Beetle. That post was here but now seems to have gone into cyberspace. Didn't get a reply anyway. :-) Well,...

A2 heater core - why such a big job if you have A/C?
Hello all, Yesterday I found myself showering in a fine mist of boiled coolant, and today there's a puddle in the footwells. The Bentley manual describes a long but not mind-bending process for...
8
8

2001 VW Beetle
I recently purchased a USED 2001 VW Beetle. There are no warning bells, ding dongs when I leave the lights on, seat belts not warn or keys in ignition. Did someone disconnect them or is it an...
1
1

1991 jetta
I recently changed my head gasket on my 1991 jetta gli and i believe the timing may be off just wondering why it will start but wont idle and wanted to know about i would go about fixing that
2
2

Scirocco 16v downpipe
I'm currently restoring my '87 VW Scirocco 16v and just recently acquired an OE exhaust downpipe ($1200.00 + at a VW dealer), I've cleaned it up and ready to install however since I still have it off...
4
4

VW Beetle Turbo S 2003 - won't shift while car is running
Please help! I rode through some seriously deep water last night, and today I can't get my car into any gear. When the car is off and the clutch depressed moving through all the gears is no problem....
6
6

error code 17931
Hi all, recently, I've bought a second hand GOLF IV 1900 TDI 90hp. I've no problems with this car, but I've decided to do a dignostic test (with an obd equipment). The result has been the error code...

"VW Jetta GLI a bundle of fun"
VW Jetta GLI a bundle of fun Responsible for 40 percent of Volkswagen's North American sales, the Jetta is a car you want to get right when it comes time for a redesign. at

Power Window Regulator
'87 Vanagon Camper The passenger side power window won't go down more that 2-3 inches. It doesn't seem to be the switch as it's the same using with the drivers or passengers switches (actually it's a...
1
1

TDC not correct
Tdc not correct I was following the timing belt instructions on my laptop and musthave jumped a few pages ahead. It dawned on me that the belt should stay attached ubtill I saw the TDC mark. I...
1
1

forgive me - need condenser
I apologize for posting so much recently, but it seems that my rabbit pickup is falling apart. Im going to have a look at the fuel lines on it and get new tires. But for the new problem: I need a...
9
9