Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2002 Jetta Squeaky Shift Console
When ever i accelerate or brake I get an annoying squeak coming from the shift console. This is the 2nd console, the 1st had the same problem. I've removed it 4 times, put packing foam inside it &...
1
1

Advertisement with Elite Sportsmen
Want more online promotion..! You can now sign agreement to a yearly based marketing service. We will place your company logo on our Official Website in Olympic Biathlon for a large number daily...

Round Headlight Conversion MK2
I have a 90 Golf 8v and I'm interested in a round headlight conversion. Can anyone offer suggestions, leads, or advice? Any info will help, especially if you've done it before.
2
2

Cabrio dies...then smells like pickles
My 97 Cabrio started and the ABS and parking warning light was on, the AC switch was on but the blower wasnt running, Then the radio went off and 30 seconds later the car died and I had to pull it off...
2
2

1989 VW Cabriolet
I have an 89 Cabriolet. When I try to start it, it spits and sputters like it is starving for fuel. When I push on the pedal, it stalls. When I pull on the throttle under the engine, it is almost like...
1
1

Scirocco windshield
am considering buying an '88 Scirocco, are windshields still available? I remember I had to get one in a hurry for my '84 back in the day and 10 years ago it was real expensive to buy one new. anyone...
2
2

Temp gauge in 99 1.8T Passat
Hi Group, I recently changed my G62 coolant temp sensor due to a CEL condition. All is fixed runs great, but now the gauge does not always say at 190. It comes down a little bit maybe one notch mark....
13
13

Re: NHTSA Opens Investigation Of Volkswagen DSG Transmissions
Unless, of course, something is actually wrong... Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

94 golf electrical help?
Hi there... Last night I hopped in my usually reliable 94 Golf and turned the key, and rather than firing up, the displays on the dash (digital odometer, digital clock, all indicator lights) turned...
2
2

Scirocco euro bumpers
Where might I locate a set of Euro type bumpers for a 1987 16V Scirocco? - Bill
12
12

82 shifting problems
I have an 82 jetta diesel with 5 speed gearbox. It is having problems getting into 1st gear, seems to be a stuck synchro problem rather than linkage. Linkage is fine with 2 year-old bushings. I used...
6
6

Key for 99 Jetta
My son just bought a 99 Jetta and it came with only one key. It is one of those switchblade keys. What he would really like is a regular key. He doesn't even care about the remote. The person he...
9
9

GPS
OK I have a 2005 Passat and would like to have in dash gps. Anyone have any good ideas? I'd like to not spend a fortune but I also don't want any little electrical gremlins. I know VW wiring is all...
3
3

Airbag Fault light in 2000.5 Passat
My "2000.5" 2.0L turbo Passat has been reliable and maintenance-cheap through 115K miles. I looked around on the Internet for clues on this airbag fault light. There are some vague suggestions about...
1
1

Squeaking Noise
Hello to all VW Golf III 1992 1.4 ltr 158,000 km Had the mechanic change the generator and timing belts. When I picked up the car all was well. Next day there was this loud squeaking noise coming from...
13
13