Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

89 cabriolet stripped engine block threads for oil pressure sensor
The head on my 1989 cabriolet was replaced approx. one year ago. Recent increase in oil leaking around sensor threads on rear of engine block. I question that this (disruption of threads) was done at...
1
1

CEL on Particle Filter
Here is the issue: I have a mostly continuous CEL that VW diagnoses as an "internal crack on t he particle filter". The flow is not blocked, there is no increased polluti on (per VW anyway) and the...
4
4

99 Jetta 2.0 auto transmission problem after coolant hose burst on transmission
My 99 Jettas transmission started acting up after I had a small coolant hose bursts that's over top of the it doesn't want to change gears but when it does its at 4 or 5 thousand rpm's.when engine is...

symptoms of a VW Jetta daylights come on in the off position switch
A week ago I had a new cylinder lock with a read coil switch replaced in my Jetta GLS 2001. Since then, my battery has been dying. I put in a new battery and had the alternator tested and a draw test....
1
1

codes 0013@0015 on 1995 vw jetta111 2.0l
Ihave installed new distributor crank sensor and checked all wiring an imput @output voltage check engine light comes on when under load codes 0013@0015 stored

VW Golf 2.5L
Hi All, Any ideas why VW stopped making the Golf 2.5 for the Mark 7? Its a great little car! Slainte to all!
1
1

'87 Scirocco 16V struts
Can anyone suggest a place to purchase the struts, not just the cartridges, for a 1987 16V Scirocco? The strut itself is actually broken. My garage is coming up empty. Every place he looks either has...
4
4

VW Integrates XL1 Powertrain To up! City Car
VW Integrates XL1 Powertrain To up! City Car: I used to have a car with this kind of performance. It was a 1982 VW rabbit diesel coupe. If you saw a hill, downshift. Then, when you reached the hill,...

Have radio code, need more...
I've reset this radio before no problem, but not this time. It's a 98 Jetta GL 2.slow. I was too lazy to go inside and get the number, thought I could remember it, put wrong code in. Now says '2...
2
2

vw rabbit diesel pickup replace front brakes
When the new discs and pads were bought they have a new pad keeper I dont know if they were installed correctly ?
1
1

2001 vw golf 1.8tcodepo411
approximately how much of an expense to take care of this problem with check engine light and code po 411
1
1

Alloy Wheels - A Word of Warning
It may be that all other subscribers to this newsgroup may be well aware of the following information but I certainly wasn't. It recently became needful to remove all the wheels from my alloy wheeled...
4
4

Fuel tank ventilation valve replacement cost?
Leaks fuel past the 3/4 tank mark.
3
3

2001 passat turbo side mirrors left and right adjustable dont work. Any ideas?
Bought a used 2001 Passat Turbo and the left and right automatic mirriors dont work. Any trouble shooting ideas? Dont have a book. Thank You for your time.
1
1

Possible overheating, but I'm not sure
Hi, My car is a 2000 Beetle with 102k miles. Yesterday while driving at low speeds I noticed warm air seeping out from b ehind the dashboard. For example, if I put my hand near the headlight switc h,...