Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

rattle
Our old Golf (1990 8v) is making a noise from below and it sounds like dishes rattling. The car seems to be lagging and I hear a hissing when I accelerate. Catalytic Converter?
2
2

antenna Golf III GL
Hello to all, I am trying to find instructions of how to remove and install a new driver's side fender antenna. Tried vwvortex but no luck unless i missed it.... Pls note this is a Golf III (first...
1
1

Idle problem on 90 golf
I have a real nice 90 golf That I've done alot of work to make drivable It starts runs good when warmed up a few minutes and drives fine, it will "pop" back fire some times when letting off the...
3
3

Wheel bearing or tire noise? Subtopic tire recommendation please.
Hi, I've been trying to diagnose a droning noise at about 70 km/hr on my 1990 Golf with manual trans. (In Imperial, 70 is about 35 mph). The tires are Yokohama Avid Touring tires 175/70-13". The front...
3
3

1987 Scirocco shell, free
I'm about to dispose of the shell of a 1987 Scirocco 16V. I got this because I had a mechanically healthy '87 16V with a badly damaged body. Hit twice, rust, and all that. The unit body on this shell...

Gunk on Outside of Carb?
I'm just starting up my 67 Beetle after a long winter's nap. The car starts fine, runs for about five minutes, and dies. Can't keep her running after warmup. I notice a lot of reddish-brown gunk on...
1
1

G12 - Fact or fiction?
Can anyone please give me an authorative account of why we should purchase, and use, VW's grossly overpriced coolant (other than that of warranty)? Will my hoses really turn into dust? Will my engine...
2
2

Vague class-action lawsuit notices
I got a couple things in the mail today talking about class-action lawsuits for certain VW cars. One mentions model years 1999-2005 Passat (VIN with "1K" in position 7 and 8) equipped with sunroof and...
5
5

DSG box
Reading on several Internet forums it looks like this DSG box used on the AUDI/VW group seems to have some unresolved issues. Is that the case? I'm also wondering whether there's a better auto box to...

2001 TDI Jetta alarm goes off when it rains
Hi, Sometimes when it rains, if I open my car door the alarm will go off. I'm not sure why, but it appears that the alarm system thinks I have broken into the car. Once in the car, if I open the door...
2
2

OK to mix G12 and Peak Global coolant?
Is it OK? How about G11? WP
1
1

Injector system adventure
My Passat 1993 with 280000 Km lost it's idling control. The motor was running 400 - 500 RPM instead of it's regular 900 and the Air Idle Controller motor in front of the single injector was buzzing...

Multi-million dollar class action lawsuit
... and all I got was a one-page update to my owner's manual.

Oil Pressure 85/86 1.6 TD Jetta
My 85 Jetta with 197xxx miles is getting the flashing/buzzing oil pressure light. Upon hooking up an oil pressure gauge, I have noted that my pressure at 2000 rpm is right about 21 psi (right on the...
1
1

1995 Eurovan Camper engine parts
Can anyone tell me if this part: Emissions Air Valve #06A959253B will work on my camper? The part the local dealer listed was 033959253. The online prices I've seen are about 1/2 the dealer price but...
2
2