2006 GMC Denali

Hi guys and gals,
Long time lurker, first time post. I have learned alot by everyone's posts here. I have owned nothing but GM vehicles since I was a kid and I'm north
of 50 now. I currently own an '88 Chevy pickup (great truck) and a '96 Tahoe (bad truck, bad). Just about everything has gone out on the Tahoe that has been discussed here (AC compressor, intake manifold gaskets, fuel pump, G80 rearend, but not the 4L60E *yet*), but all was covered by the extended warrantee.
Now the question.
My lovely wife has just had a dealer get her a 2006 GMC Denali that we will be picking up on Tuesday.
Is there anything I should be watching for in this vehicle? I haven't seen anything posted about any problems with the 6.0L engine in this truck or if the tranny has been updated to fix previous problems. (We are going to get the extended warrantee on this one too, based on past experience with the Tahoe).
I'd appreciate any insights or commiserations.
Thanks,
Mark
Just curious...you mentioned you had the intake manifold gasket changed under your extended service, do you know what the dealer charged for this? I've had quotes anywhere from $500 to $800.
I've got a '98 Z71 and am getting ready to change mine next weekend, myself. Gasket kit from Fel Pro was $58 bucks!
Thanks

As I recall, it was around $500 to $550 at the dealer.

I got my kit for a S10 Blazer for $18 and did the entire job in 4 hours.
I have no experience doing that type of work but it really was easy if I took my time. That was TBI too, not sure how much harder multi port injection makes it.
Lannie

Mark, I'm looking for an extended warranty as my Sierra is about to hit 36,000 miles. Any suggestions for a good company? I know GMAC offers one, but it seems overpriced and offers too few miles.

The warrantee we originally got on the Tahoe was from GE (as in General Electric something or other). It turned out to be the best $1,000 we have ever spent. While most extended warrantees have some kind of deductible, this one never charged us a dime (including the rental car while the Tahoe was in the shop). Don't know if they are still offering extended warrantees on vehicles or not.

Just in case you do not already know, there are a couple of very good forums to also read/post on: http://www.denalitrucks.com/phpBB/index.php http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?s 3f30a8d59f27ca98a1c8a8ce9c8b90&showforum=3