95 Suburban rough idle/stallling

I have a 1995 chevy suburban 1500 with about 115,000 miles. I have the

350CID engine and the automatic with OD. After warming up and driving it has begun "hunting" at idle (rpm's surging between 500 and 1000) and often dies. It will restart fine and then idles OK until I start driving again; when I come to a stop it will either hunt or die about half the time. If I put the transmission into neutral it idles fine. Is it possible that the transmission is not disengaging properly when I come to a stop and keeping a load on the engine? Transmission fluid levels are good and the fluid is clean and clear.

Ron

Reply to
no_one

  1. Change the TPS
  2. check the shift linkage adjustment

If not then

I have a simular problem I been chasing.

Reply to
Sunshine&Lollipops

Check your fuel pressure to be sure it in the presurre range, if it is not it will do what you been having, the fuel pump is not building up enough pressure when the engine is in load(put in gear) but will run fine when not in load. Also replace the fuel fiter too as these sometime get overlooked and not replaced at regular schuled time. The pump is in the fuel tank, would have to drop the tank to replace it.

Reply to
Whtblazer

fuel filter was replaced not too long ago and pump was replaced at about

70,000 mi (complete failure). I will check current pressure.

thanks

Reply to
no_one