ABS trouble

Well, I think I'm finally having my first major problem with my '99 GMC Sierra 1500/Z71. The ABS light came on and stayed on. Also the pump continues to run, even
with the key off. I assume this is the ABS control unit that I remember reading about, some time ago. I pulled the fuse to stop the pump and am aware that I can just leave it that way, if I choose, but the lights in the dash would drive me crazy. I seem to recall that someone was rebuilding these units. Does anyone have the URL for this service? Or any other advice?? Thanks, Dave
My 2000 had a similar problem. ABS light on. Fluids and pads good. Turned out to be the sensor where the fluid reservoir is on the brake cylinder. $75 installed at the dealer.
--
remove one of the @'s unless you are a spammer.
"Hairy" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Try here. I have never used them but others on this NG have had success in the past.
http://www.modulemaster.com/gmabsrepair.html
HTH,
Derek Hairy wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com wrote:

I think ABS is the all time greatest invention on cars. I've heard that the repair is very expensive. If you can do without the ABS and are only driven crazy by the light in the dash, pull the bulb.