Header Collector Gasket Leak

How do I repair subject leak? I replaced the POS gaskets that came with the Y-pipe with the Flowtech dead-soft aluminum gaskets and cranked them down
pretty good. But I still have a leak. Question: Could a bead of high temp silicone be applied to both sides of the aluminum gasket and reassembled without causing more leaks? This stuff dries like rubber and may seal the leak. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Andy

Andy, replace the gaskets and don't tighten them so damn much! The "dead soft" gaskets don't require all that much oomph to make a good seal.
Doc

the
stuff
if you over tighten them they will leak. and if you use silicone and it does stick to the exhaust you will never get it apart again.
Thanks for the responses thus far from Doc and Marsh Monster. From the feedback I've gotten, I've learned that it's not a good thing to overtighten the fasteners. I'll use the hi-temp silicone as an interim fix and resign myself to the fact that I'll be replacing the gaskets in a year or so. Thanks. Andy

the
stuff